Saturday, August 3, 2013

A Little Color Goes a Long Way!

Today I want to share a color combo with you that is a beautiful dusty plum color paired with a cream soft creamy vanilla color. The colors are easy to mix and match with others and can be worn for either day or night!  This is a great look for when you are on the go. Three steps and I was ready for the day!  

First, I applied my Eye Primer to my entire eye lid.  Then I applied Athena to the entire lid and under my eye (also referred to as below the waterline).  Finally I added  Vanilla to the inner corner of my eye and blended into the center.  This is why the creamy color looks a little muted.  I did this so it was soft and not as outstanding as the Vanilla can be.  At this point you can add mascara, but I am generally not a mascara person.  Instead of an eye liner, I used an angled tip brush to mix a drop of foiling serum and loose shadow together (in the lid of my shadow container) and created a paste. Using the angled brush, I ran it along my eye lashes on top and then just below my waterline. 
For a more dramatic look you can always add more of the darker color to the corner of your eye, or even use a foiling serum  to create a cream shadow and intensify the color and shine. 
Vanilla: A soft cream color with some shimmer


Athena: Dusty plum color with some shimmer 


For more great products tips and ideas, be sure to visit us at

or you can find your own style with these great products:


*Please note I am not a professional make up artist. I enjoy creating color combinations with my products and sharing with you. I will always appreciate feedback in a positive and constructive manner.  Any rude comments will be deleted or not shared. Thanks ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment