Saturday, June 29, 2013

French Mani with a twist.... Bwahahahahaha!

Ok, so my evil laugh is not so evil.  It is really just goofy to tell you the truth but that is what makes me, ... well.... ME!

I had a little time tonight to play around with some more nail colors that I have recently made for my DragonFlies Collection on Etsy.
This tutorial is very easy to do. It is almost too simple yet dramatic and amazing!  You can switch up the colors to reflect summer, fall, Christmas, movie premiers and even the colors of your Dragon. This evening my dragon is the color of charred breath and gold treasure.
I used Dragons Breath that is from my DragonFlies Collection on Etsy, and I used the Finger Paints color Wild For Art.  These two colors are really great together but you can use any color really.

For this look you will need two colors of polish, paper towel, tape, cotton balls or swabs and some polish remover. I was using a non acetone polish remover since I have acrylic tips on right now.
Step one:  Paint four nails a solid dark color.  Paint one nail the lighter color. Allow to dry.




So what I did here was paint the V shape on my nail to see how it looked before I added the color.  I unfortunately did not get a picture of the gold paint on this nail.... 



Next step is take the lighter color and create a V shape on each nail.  You can use tape to section off the lower portion of your nail if you don't feel confident enough to free hand this.  If you have a regular nail polish brush, it is pretty easy. This is two coats of the Wild For Art by Finger Paints over Dragons Breath

showing freehand and taped 
This is what it should look like when you are finished with the light over the dark



And this is what it looks like with dark over light!  I love the blend of these two colors! 

With your V-shaped manicure, your possibilities are endless.  

And Voila! 
You have a French Manicure with a Twist!  

If you choose to share this tutorial, re-type in your own words or use this and link it back to this post.

For more information on great products, tips and tutorials, follow me on Facebook at:

No comments:

Post a Comment