Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Beaded Curtain Nail Art Tutorial

With everything that has been going on the past few weeks, I have been so far behind on tutorials!  They are fun, exciting and a great way to share some of my nail colors I mix up and sell on Etsy and others I have an obsession with!

I love nail polish!  I had stopped buying it for a long time but now that my girls are older and we get our nails done regularly, I have gone into full polish mode! I cannot NOT buy polish when we go to the store!
But with a few new colors and one of my own, I have reproduced a look that was perfect for the colors I chose.  I originally found this look from nailsfromfairytale.com.  She had an amazing look with bright colors that I loved.  BUT......  I have small hands and I could not do this design on all 10 of my fingers! So I did chose to do one nail.
Without further ado, lets get this party started!

I first started with two coats of Lady of the Lake holographic polish I made. I allowed my nails to dry completely before moving to the next step.


I took Julep's Millie and I painted two thin lines on my nail.  This was a little tricky because you will have four lines all together when you are done.  I used a small paint brush to make my lines thin.


After I painted the lines, I took my dotting tool and I made three dots, on each line, making sure they were lined up with each other. 

 Then I added one white line, but if you have larger nails it will look better if you have two.  (see the last photo) You will alternate the white lines with the blue lines.  I used Finger Paints Paper Mache' for this step. Once the lines were painted, then I put dots on the white lines, that were staggered between the blue lines. Repeat this step with both white lines.  If you have both white lines painted, your dots should line up with each other.  Just like the blue lines and dots.


After you allow the initial dots to dry, you will take your blue and white and alternate dots on the lines.  On your blue lines/dots you will add white dots.  On your white lines/dots, you will add blue dots on top of existing white dots. 
 After you allow your nails to completely dry, then you will want to add two coats of a clear top coat. and voila! You have an amazing Beaded Curtain look to your nails.  You can mix and match colors that suit your style.

If you choose to share this tutorial, please re-write it in your own words or link it back to this page. Thanks! 

For more information on great products, tips and tutorials, follow me on Facebook at:

No comments:

Post a Comment